It’s not often that I share information about myself or our family. I’d like to, but I seem to always be blogging about something else. *sigh* I was over at Jaymi’s blog and saw that she shared some of her crunchiness with her readers. So I thought it would be fun to do the same. And let me begin by saying that I am kinda naturally crunchy if that makes sense. I just go with the flow and do what works best for me, which has coincidentally been coined and hyped up as…crunchy.
- I wear my hair in
dreadlocks. I chose to lock my hair as a challenge. I had been wearing my hair natural for over 2 years, which was a challenge. Locking it challenged me further and has helped me mature as a person.
- Sometimes I wear Jay. I think if I had more carriers to choose from, I’d do it more.
- We use Nature Babycare, Seventh Generation, and Huggies Naturals disposable diapers as well as cloth.
- Me and hand-me-downs, thrift stores, and the clearance racks are close friends.
- We co-sleep and couldn’t imagine sleeping any other way. Sometimes we fight over who’s going to cuddle the Boogie at night, lol.
- I’m still breastfeeding Jay. He’s 13 months. I have no plans to wean, we’ll just see what happens.
- We selectively vaccinate.
- We try to use all natural cleaners but still keep pine-sol and bleach around.
- I prefer using organic or natural beauty products. Unfortunately I haven’t found an effective solution for break-outs yet :-/.
- We have a small garden on our balcony of lettuce, green peppers, and tomatoes.
- We stopped buying bottled water and we now filter our tap.
- I have a whole wheat obsession.
- And I have an obsession with earth tones.
I also took the How Crunchy Are You? test and scored a 91/225 which classifies as whole-grain crunch, lol. How crunchy are you?
I Am A Sorta-Kinda Crunchy Mama by Beyond Mom
Crunchy Mamma? by K2P2