Happy New Year! Welcome to 2009! It’s a new year, so it’s time to set new goals and ACCOMPLISH THEM! But for now it’s all about sharing! Here’s some of mine.
1. Gain weight – I’ve always has a small frame but it really didn’t start getting to me until junior high. I consider myself the runt of the family. All of my cousins are bursting with bacon. Not me. It has always been terribly hard for me to gain weight and it has become worse breastfeeding. I weigh less than my pre-pregnancy weight and that is just not sitting well with me at all. I feel like I lack in the authority department because I don’t look like an adult. I have a lot of anger built up inside from the numerous times I’ve been called tiny, skinny, etc. Or how the nurse said Oh my gosh after weighing me during my post-partum exam. *grumble* It’s just something I won’t be able to get over no matter how many times Greg tells how beautiful I am. I know that I am. but I. am. just. not. happy. I don’t feel I look healthy. I need to gain at least 20lbs.
2. Work out – I’ve been so against working out because I’m afraid of losing weight. I realize that as I get older, I’m going to need to exercise if I expect to live a long and adventurous life. One thing that disappoints me is not being able to wear Boogie regularly. He’s so heavy, I can barely hold him. Without Greg, I don’t know what I’d do. I have to work out.
3. Spend more time grooming – So this showering every other day (sometimes 2) is not cool at all (keeping in mind that I’m a new mom and not a nasty slob). I feel so revitalized when I get a shower. I never knew I could appreciate taking a shower so much. I need to spend more time soaking in the tub and giving myself pedicures. I also would like to get my eyebrows waxed more often too. An arched eyebrow makes me look older, in a mature kind of way.
4. Cook more, launch recipe blog – I feel a sense of relaxation when I’m cooking. It’s like art to me. I have a recipe blog that is full of potential if only I start cooking more.
5. Live a more natural life – This doesn’t mean go full blown “green”, but living a more natural lifestyle is something that I am passionate about even if I don’t preach it often. I’m going to stop putting this on the back burner.
6. Spend less time on computer, more time with family – I’ve spent way too much time on things online that are just not worth my time. Time spent on the computer is limited as it is so I need to use every second of my computer time to my advantage. Working at home requires constant checking of emails, writing, clicking, etc. If I’m not on the computer, I’m on my smartphone. It’s hard to get away when you are trying to make some extra money for your family and spend time with them too. I think all of the hard work has finally paid off. I’ve been blogging for over 7 years and trying to find “wealth” online for just as long. I’ve found many outlets and I see plenty more in the future. I can actually breathe easy while taking a break when needed.
7. Stick to routine – All of my goals haven’t been met because I can’t follow a routine. This actually should be #1!
I’m pretty sure there’s more to this list but if I write any more, I’ll be going against #6!
Got some goals for the new year or a recap of last year? Link up your posts below!